Anna J. Schwartz, 1915-
la Barnard College (B.A. in 1934), si la Columbia University, (M.A. in 1935)
unde obtine si doctoratul in 1964. Este profesoara de economie la
City University of New York (1967-1969) si la New York University. Printre alte
onoruri, prezideaza Western Economic Association, (1987-88).
Specializata in economie monetara este
colaboratoare obisnuita a lui Milton Friedman.
Lucrari ale Annei J. Schwartz
- "British Share Prices, 1811-1859", 1940, REStat
- "The Beginning of Competitive Banking in
Philadelphia, 1782-1809.", 1947, JPE
- "An Attempt at a Synthesis in American Banking
History", 1947, JEH
- Growth and Fluctuation of the British Economy,
1790-1850, cu A.D. Gayer y W.W. Rostow, 1953.
- A Monetary History of the United States, 1867-1960,
cu Milton Friedman, 1963.
- "Money and Business Cycles", cu Milton Friedman,
- "The Definition of Money" cu M. Friedman,
- "Why Money Matters", 1969, Lloyds BR
- Monetary Statistics of the United States, cu
Milton Friedman, 1970.
- "Secular Price Change in Historical Perspective",
- "How Feasible is Flexible Monetary Policy?",
1975, in Selden, editor, Capitalism and Freedom
- "Has the Growth of Money Substitutes Hindered
Monetary Policy?", cu P. Cagan, 1975, JMCB.
- "Monetary Trends en the United States and the
United Kingdom, 1878-1970", 1975, JEH
- "Issues in Monetary Economics and their Impact on
Research in Economic History", 1977, in Gallman, editor, Research in
- "Policies for Research in Monetary Economics",
1977, in M. Perlman, editor, The Organization and Retrieval of Economic
- "The Banking Reforms of the 1930s", 1979, in
Walton, editor, Regulatory Change in an Atmosphere of Crisis
- "Money and Prices in the Nineteenth Century: An
old debate rejoined", cu M.D. Bordo, JEH
- "Understanding 1929-1933", 1981, in K.
Brunner, editor, Great Depression Revisited
- A Century of British Market Interest Rates,
- "Money and Prices in the Eighteenth Century: Was
Thomas Tooke right?", cu M.D. Bordo, 1981, Explorations in Economic
- "The Effect of the Term Structure of Interest
Rates on the Demand for Money in the United States", 1982, cu M. Friedman,
- "Interrelations between the United States and the
United Kingdom, 1873-1975.", cu M. Friedman,
1982, J Int Money and Finance
- Monetary Trends in the United States and the United
Kingdom, 1982, cu M. Friedman.
- "Reflections on the Gold Commission Report",
- "International Debt, Insolvency and Illiquidity",
cu K. Brunner, 1983, J of Economic Affairs
- "The Importance of Stable Money: Theory and
Evidence", cu M.D. Bordo, 1983, Cato Journal
- The International Transmission of Inflation,
- A Retrospective on the Classical Gold Standard,
1821-1931 cu M.D. Bordo, 1984.
- "International Lending and the Economic
Environment", 1984, Cato Journal.
- "Real and Pseudo-Financial Crises", 1986, in
Wood, editor, Financial Crises and World Banking Policy.
- "Has Government Any Role in Money?", cu
M. Friedman, 1986, JME
- "Alternative Monetary Regimes: The Gold Standard",
1986, in Campbell and Dougan, editores, Alternative Monetary Regimes
- "The Behavior of Money Stock under Interest Rate
Control: Evidence for Canada", cu M.D. Bordo and E.U. Choudhri, 1987, JMCB
- Money in Historical Perspective, 1987.
- "Bank Runs and Deposit Insurance Reform",
1988, Cato Journal
- "Transmission of Real and Monetary Disturbances
under Fixed versus Floating Rates", cu M.D. Bordo, 1990, Cato
- "International Debts: What's fact and what's
fiction", 1990, Economic Inquiry.
Performance and Stability of Banking Systems under
"Self-Regulation": Theory and Evidence" cu M.D. Bordo,
1995, Cato Journal
Financial Crises: Myths and reality", 1998, Cato Journal